In June I promised myself I would get more involved in the blogging community. I love reading blogs, they are a great inspiration to me and I have met some lovely people since I started trips with a tot. I’ve recently got involved with Oh My Blog, and this is my partners post below. I hope you enjoy reading this from Sarah at Boo, Too and Tigger Too, a fantastic blog bursting to the rim with pretty blog posts on parenting, home decor, fashion and more.
This is Oh My Blog: A monthly blogging series that allows you to meet a fellow blogger and get their opinions on a whole host of topics. Since its July, there’s no better time to start talking about holidays, sunshine and getaways and this month, it’s the turn of Sarah of Boo, Roo and Tigger Too.
- Summer is here! Are you going (or have you been) anywhere nice this year?
We haven’t got any grand plans for the summer holidays this year. We have days out planned to theme parks, zoo’s and local attractions. We did, however, visit Disneyland Paris for the first time in February so that was our main holiday for the year. We have a special trip to Butlins planned for the children’s birthdays in November too.
- Where is your favourite Summer holiday destination?
I don’t think I have one really. We tend to book a hotel somewhere and explore the different attractions close by rather than making a point of visiting a specific place.
- Do you prefer to spend your summer abroad or in the UK?
It is only this year that we have all managed to have valid passports at the same time so we have only really spent holidays in the UK. With the wonderful weather that we get nowadays as still so much of the UK to explore I’m happy to stay here – although if anyone would like to offer me a holiday abroad, I’m not going to say no.
- Any holiday horror stories to report?
No, I think we have been quite lucky really (touchwood) that we haven’t encountered anything horrible whilst away on holiday.
- If you do go on holiday, are you a “sit by the pool all day” kind or person, or a “we need to get out and explore” kind of tourist?
With three children there is very little chance of sit by the pool all day types of holiday (although I do dream of one of these in the future). We are a schedule type of family with the day’s planned to the fullest with activities and entertainment.
- Please help settle an argument. What is the earliest acceptable time to have a pre-holiday pint in the airport pub?
I’m a teetotal so probably not the best person to answer this one. Personally, anything before 4pm is a little early.
- How are you with flying? Love it, hate it or a bit nonplussed by it all?
I don’t mind it once we are up in the air it’s just the taking off and landing that I’m not that keen on.
- What has been your favourite holiday that you’ve ever been on?
I’d have to say my honeymoon. We spent two weeks in Magaluf (although not for the bars and nightclubs) and were on the border of Palma Nova too. The beautiful beaches, local attractions and waterparks were amazing.
- Where would you absolutely love to go, that you haven’t been yet?
New York! Although I want to visit in the lead up to Christmas so that I can have my very own Home Alone 2 moment in front of the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree.
- What is your favourite summer holiday memory from when you were a kid?
Visiting my grandparents. They lived in a small (really small) village so we were able to go across to the village school and play in the yard or on their field during the summer months. I’d collect pine cones in my Grandad’s huge red polka dot handkerchiefs or walk his dog down to the river.
- What is the first song on your summer anthems playlist?
Everyone’s free to wear sunscreen by Buz Luhrmann – this was released the year I left school after my GCSEs and I loved it. Listening to it years later the words really strike a chord with me.
- Camping (be it in the wilderness or in your back garden when you were a kid). Your thoughts?
I used to camp quite a lot when I was a teenager. Nowadays, I more of a hotel room kind of person. I just don’t see the appeal.
- Do you tan easily, or are you a brilliant shade of toothpaste white wherever you go?
I fluctuate between milk bottle and lobster and back again. I do, however, gain more freckles each year so joke that one year they will all join up and I’ll have the most amazing tan.
- What attraction or event would you recommend people go to this summer?
We have Merlin Annual Passes so I have to recommend these to any family. Whilst initial outlay might be eye watering, if you are going to use them then you will more than get your money’s worth out of them. We love the Sealife Centres and Legoland especially using our passes.
- Finally, let us have you best tip for a stress-free holiday?
Leave the family at home? Seriously though, I think it all comes down to organisation. Ensuring that you have a spare set of clothes in the car for the kids or baby wipes to clean up any messes etc.
If you enjoyed this post, you should check out more from Sarah over at her blog and be sure to follow her on social media.