You’ll know that trips with a tot is all about outdoors and free days out; those are two of our favourite things! With summer here and the sunshine out it’s the best time to enjoy splash parks. We are lucky to have so many great places to go for water fun in and around Sheffield, and one of the best free ones is Clifton Park in Rotherham. Clifton Park is completely free to visit all year round and under-rated. Many people I know don’t even know about it, they think it doesn’t have much to do, or that apart from the water splash it’s just a boring old park. Wrong! There is LOADS to do at Clifton Park.
6 Reasons why you’ll love Clifton Park for kids this summer…
- It’s free! You don’t have to spend a penny if you take a packed lunch. Be aware the funfair rides cost and there are refreshment and snack kiosks you might want to take change for.
2. There water splash area is suitable for all ages with jet sprays, paddling area, fountains, rock pool area and grass all around so you can picnic right next to where the children play.
3. The water splash is open EVERY DAY in school holidays and is ALWAYS FREE!
4. There’s good playgrounds at Clifton Park: an adventure playground with zip wires, huge slide and ropes, a large sand pit area and a toddler adventure playground.
5. Don’t forget there is a free historical museum and check the family events as they do regular activities suitable for children such as crafts, trails, messy play and more.
6. There is car parking at Clifton Park and it is easy to get to by public transport from Sheffield. The x1 Steel Link stops right outside.
It is worth noting that outside of school holidays, there is a toddler splash session on Tuesdays from 11-1pm. It is free and only for under 5’s. Weather permitting, so do check their Facebook page where they have regular updates.
Looking for more water play? Here’s a list of some of the best!
What free parks are your favourite for the summer holidays? Comment down below and let me know. Thanks for watching & reading. 🙂
DID YOU MISS?…