Who doesn’t love a good park? Somewhere I’d been wanting to go for a while is Rivelin Valley Park in Sheffield. This great park is free to visit, has a cafe, playgrounds, water splash and is in the north of Sheffield. I have been before but not since Eric was mobile; and I think you get a completely different experience with parks once you have a child who loves to explore. Free days out, parks, the outdoors… those are three of our most favourite things.
Watch this for a park tour:
6 Reasons why you’ll love Rivelin Valley Park in Sheffield
1. Rivelin Valley Park has the type of muddy woods that we love. In my opinion, these are the best for puddle splashing days!
2. If it’s a lovely day, Rivelin has a FREE WATER PARK! Yep, it’s open daily in school holidays weather permitting, and costs nothing. There is a paddling pool, fountains, sprinklers & all that jazz.
3. The park has a good playground, which is big and has picnic space next to the play area which is very handy. There’s equipment suitable for older and younger, slides, swings and everything to keep littles entertained.
4. Rivelin Valley Park is home to a nature and heritage trail, and has 20 archaeological remains with waterwheels and mill dams.
5. The park stretches from Sheffield to the Peak District, so walks can be enjoyed all the way up from exploring a nature trail in Sheffield to the beautiful landscapes of the peaks.
6. A cafe is near the playgrounds, toilets, ice cream van and spaces to picnic.
Rivelin Valley can be reached by bus or tram from Sheffield on the Blue Route tram to Malin Bridge. I recommend getting the tram to Malin Bridge and taking a walk through the park to reach up to the playground/cafe. This little walk takes around 30 minutes, and it is picturesque, quiet and you can find waterwheels, see ducks and enjoy a woodland stroll before reaching the playgrounds/water area.
All of the park is free, including the water play area, nature trail and playgrounds. Woohoo!
Have you been to Rivelin Valley? Would you consider taking your kids, if you haven’t? It ticks a lot of boxes for us! I’m lucky to live so close.
Thank you for watching and reading, don’t forget to subscribe to my blog for more parks and days out!,
DID YOU MISS?