Heeley People’s Park, S2 3DJ, is the largest community run park in the country. It’s home to a nice little playground and is just over the road from Heeley City Farm (free!). Combine this with the farm for a lovely free day out.
Heeley People’s Park has “two world-class boulders, cycle tracks, picnic and play areas, incredible views, wildflower meadows and orchards. The park’s trees help clean our air, we have places to escape, meet and play; the space is also home to thousands of wildlife and bird species. What’s most special is that it is all ours: Heeley People’s Park is the largest community run park in the country.”
We like it because:
- The playground is clean and well paved, plus it is fenced in
- There are lots of pretty flowers and wildflower meadows
- It’s just over the road from Heeley City Farm
- The big(ish) steel curly slide is fun!
- Not far just on Bramall Lane is another little play area with a slide, zip wire and basket swing
More things to do in the area:
- The small outdoor play area at the U-Mix centre on Bramall Lane has a great big swing, zip wire, basket swing and a few other bits! S2 4UJ
- Hagglers Corner is a lovely place to eat and is family friendly. There is a fantastic cafe at Heeley City Farm, too.
- Abbeydale Road is not far and there is a playground at Mount Pleasant Park. Plus a staffed playground at Highfield Adventure Playground. There’s some lovely cafes on Abbeydale Road and good shops in the Sheffield Antique’s Quarter.
- Graves Park and Meersbrook Park and walled Garden are in the same side of the city.