We had a lovely day out at Millhouses Park the other day and spent longer than than I thought we would. I haven’t been in so long, probably about a year, actually! I do prefer more walking type parks with woodlands, but this park was really good for Eric with all the good play areas. Definitely worth a visit with children, even if you live outside Sheffield; it may be worth the trip. Things To Do with Kids in Millhouses Park, Sheffield
Things To Do with Kids in Millhouses Park, Sheffield
Free day out: Millhouses Park, S7 2QN
- Have fun in the water play area. It’s small and perfect for toddlers, no paddling bits or fountains but shallow paths with Archimedes screw equipment. I recommend taking toys to play with in the water. There’s grass to picnic all next to water play areas.
- Hire a boat! There’s cute little pedelo boats on the water, some of them look like big swans. The prices very reasonable, too.
- Enjoy a yummy picnic or visit the good cafe. The cafe is run by pudding ladies, the same as Rivelin Valley Park cafe and is very popular; and rightly so. Good food, hot and cold, ice cream, drinks and outdoor seating.
- Let lose in the playgrounds. Great equipment with lots of swings, climbing frame/slide, then wooden obstacle course and zip wire. I would say the play frame equipment is better suited for toddlers and not very suitable for little ones as in quite advanced.
- Go paddling! Just behind the outdoor exercise gym is a great shallow part for a spot of paddling.
And best of all, if you take your own food, it’s all free! 🙂
More things to do…
- Explore in Ecclesall Woods, just opposite Millhouses Park. One of the biggest ancient woodlands in South Yorkshire, forest school activities and woodland discovery centre cafe (not open Monday)
- Food & drink at Waggon and Horses, just outside Millhouses Park on Abbey Lane. This pub has just changed management and has a fantastic menu and good outdoor seating.
Looking for more good, free parks in Sheffield?