EDIT: THIS EVENT IS COMPLETELY SOLD OUT! No tickets will be on sale at the gate. Please share this with friends & family to save any confusion.
Bonfire night is set to be a wonderful time of year for Sheffield 2017. But one event which really stands out this year is the magical Illuminate the gardens at Sheffield Botanical Gardens. This event on Saturday 4th & Sunday 5th of November 2017 is brand new to Sheffield for Bonfire Night. It is a fireworks and lighting extravaganza which promises to bring a truly magical experience for visitors of all ages. They’ll be delicious street food, top quality beer, children’s activities and a wonderful atmosphere. Why should you be excited about this event? Well, here’s why…
Why you should be excited about the magical Illuminate the gardens event…
- Botanical Gardens is a truly wonderful place in general. In the S10 area of Sheffield, the Botanical Gardens is home to over 5,000 species of plants, beautiful glass pavilions, a wonderful cafe, 19 stunning acres of space and perfect landscaping and is free to visit all year round.
- The event planning is in good hands. We can be confident that this event is set to soar, as it has been designed by the team behind the massively successful Sheffield Food Festival: Events Collective.
Director, Bob Worm, said:
“This project has been a long time in development so it’s wonderful to finally be able to see some of our ideas come to life. I think the south of Sheffield has really been crying out for an event like this: a safe, organised public display in one of the most beautiful public spaces in the city, which also has a great bar, fantastic street food and plenty to do to make it a great night out.
“We will be lighting features around the Botanical Gardens and the wonderful Pavilion building to create a truly magical space for the weekend. Although the fireworks may be our ‘headline act’, so to speak, we think the Gardens themselves will be the star of the show.”
Sounds good, right? So what is there to do?
- At Illuminate the Gardens, enjoy the delicious street food or grab a drink from the licensed bar.
- Follow the clues and collect stamps on the fun art trail with hidden sculptures.
- Be mesmerised with the fire performances.
- Enjoy the amazing firework displays
- Listen to some great live music.
- And… of course, experience the Botanical Gardens in all its glory, the beautiful lighting will highlight the stunning features of the gardens and the real star of the show is the wonderful venue itself.
What about food and drink?…
- Events Collective wear their passion for Sheffield’s food and drink scene on their sleeve, so we can be assured of a fantastic variety of the best street food, local produce and top quality beer. The bar will be stocked up with Stancill, Kelham Island and Bradfield and delicious street food from the popular street food vendors The Gravy Train, Smoke BBQ, Wah Wah’s and the Sunshine Pizza Oven
Yum! But wait… I have kids. Is this event child-friendly?!
- And the answer is… OF COURSE! Families are very important in the events planning of Illuminate the gardens. There will be so much going on for children of all ages including but not limited to… an early evening & special ‘no bangs’ fireworks display, fire performances sure to dazzle and amaze little ones, exciting and fun craft activities to get stuck into, and an art trail which will surprise families as they adventure around the gardens trying to find the sculptures!
Project Manager, Laura Holmes, said:
“We’re all parents ourselves, so we know how important it is to have things for the kids to do which don’t require you to keep continually putting your hand in your pocket! We’ve tried hard to design the event so that it is a great place to hang out for the whole evening, and we can’t wait to see people’s reactions.”
Here’s how to get your ticket!
Super early bird tickets are exclusively available online during the last week of September, going on general sale at 9am on Tuesday 26th September, priced at £5 per adult, £2 per child (2 – 16 years) or £12 for a family ticket (admits two adults and two children). See the website at www.illuminatethegardens.co.uk.
Advance tickets will be available from 1st October, either online or from The Curator’s House in the Botanical Gardens or from Airy Fairy at 239 London Rd.
So, is this event going to be the best of what Sheffield has to offer for bonfire night this year? It could very well be…
Thanks for reading.
Please don’t forget to subscribe to my blog and follow me on Facebook for more Sheffield Days Out and Events!!