Here’s your list of top picks and ideas for things to do this week, all week with babies and toddlers in Sheffield. These daily posts cover every day from Monday February 11th-February 15th. Does anyone have anything planned for valentines day?!
IMPORTANT NEWS: They’ll be no weekday guide next week, due to half-term. Please find the half term guide here. Due to half term, there may be inset days/early half term starts by the end of this week so please check playgroups/classes are on as normal.
Every morning at 7:30am during term time Monday-Friday on Facebook, a post goes up with daily playgroups and classes plus 5 ideas for things to do. These posts are well used in the local area and help parents, families and carers keep little ones entertained.
Lots of people love the daily posts in the morning but the feedback I have had is that having access to them in advance would be handy, too. I publish the days graphic image on my Facebook page stories the day before, but agree for some this is still too short notice.
I also appreciate that not everyone is on Facebook and I want to be inclusive as possible.
And so, this week I am trying something new. Here’s all this weeks ideas in one place with every days graphic image to save/download and see here. The daily posts will continue on Facebook in the mean time. Please let me know if you find this post useful so I know if to do this next week or not. Thanks in advance!
P.s I highly recommend you check out my master guide for things to do during term time, weekday here:
If you appreciate these lists please share on social media and tell your friends and family. Your support doesn’t go unnoticed, thank you.
What’s on this week for babies & toddlers in Sheffield: February 11-15th 2019
Monday 11th February:
- Free day out at Norfolk Heritage Park
- Go to your local park & do a woodland scavenger hunt (or choose a playground from here)
- Little Valentines with Playtimes at Medieval Mayhem
- Dino Crafts at Zest Community Centre (5-11 years) from 4pm (not for babies/toddlers but really worth a mention, I think. and plus, you can swim at Zest and there is a library!)
- Free Crystal Peaks Library Toddler Session 10am-11am
Plus don’t miss… story time at Ecclesall Library, 2pm to 2.45pm. Baby time at Stocksbridge Library: second Monday in the month, 10.30am to 11.15am. Breakfast with… at Playmania Sheffield. Discount Mondays £1 at Big Tops Indoor Play Centre.
Tuesday 12th February:
- Welly walk at Forge Dam
- Free day out at Sheffield Botanical Gardens
- Discount Tuesday at Big Tops £2 entry for under 5’s
- Megakidz Indoor Play centre Rhythm & Rhyme with Amanda
- Hillsborough Library Storytime, Tuesdays at 2pm
Plus don’t miss… Kraft tots at Fun House indoor play centre at 10am. Baby time at Firth Park Library Tuesdays, 10.30am to 11.30am. Story time at Highfield Library Tuesdays, 11.15am to 12noon.
Wednesday 13th February:
- Leonardos Little Inventors at Millennium Galleries, 10am-12:30pm. Free, drop in.
- Foresteers outdoor preschool open day 3-5pm
- Explore Sheffield General Cemetery (free)
- Find the Greno woods Enchanted Toddler Trail (free)
- Baby time at Hillsborough Library 10am-11:15am
Plus don’t miss... Lindy’s Story S.A.C at Medieval Mayhem with theme ‘Guess How Much I Love You’, plus many half-term events start now such as Sealife centres, Legoland, Drayton Manor and Fairy trail is on at Rufford Abbey Country Park. Check the 50+ events and things to do February half term guide here.
Don’t forget weekend roundups at published every Wednesday!
Thursday 14th February:
- Ranger Tots at Longshaw Estate
- Hunt for snow drops at Ecclesall Woods
- Explore the gardens & have fun in the playgrounds at Nostell Priory
- The Love Monster Valentines Day Party at Wadsley Church Hall
- See Up at Burton Street Foundation, 6pm
And don’t forget to see this weeks weekend roundup to start making plans for the weekend!
Friday 15th February:
- Explore Hillsborough Park Walled Garden (free)
- Friday Under 5’s at Weston Park Museum (free)
- £1 play at Kiddy Winx Play Cafe
- See the animals at Mayfield Alpacas
- Day out at Wentworth Garden Centre
Plus… Firth Park Library story time Fridays, 10.30am to 11.30am